[fvc-wat-disc] democratic and electoral reform

doug moen doug at moens.org
Fri Oct 9 10:43:24 EDT 2015

With the election coming up, I've done a lot of thinking about democratic
and electoral reform in Canada, and I'm looking for a group of people to
discuss this with. Fair Vote Waterloo looks like a good place to start.
This group has no meetings scheduled, so is the mailing list the best place
to have a conversation? I would also be interested in getting together with
a group of people to have a discussion, either by organizing a meeting, or
joining some group who is already doing this.

This group seems focused on proportional representation as the best way to
reform the electoral system. Not sure how you all feel about the ranked
ballot? I'm also more generally interested in democratic reform: ending the
dictatorship of the PMO and giving power back to our elected
representatives in the house of parliament.

Doug Moen.