[fvc-wat-disc] democratic and electoral reform

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Oct 9 12:45:15 EDT 2015

Hi all: Fair Vote Waterloo has not held regular meetings for
discussion amongst members, but I think that's a great idea!

Generally, we've held meetings to organize activities, such as the
information tables at festivals and public events.  Naturally, since
we're all political wonks we're a bit busy with the Electoral Reform
all-candidate meetings we're holding in each electoral district for
the general election.  We're intending to hold two more, one for
Kitchener South--Hespeler and one in Cambridge. We're still looking
for an accessible low-cost venue, so if anyone knows of something in
the south-Kitchener or Cambridge area please let us know!

We're also hosting a post-election public event called "How to win
Proportional Representation", conducted by Paul Nijjar, to be held at
7:00pm on Wednesday, 28 October 2015 at St. John's Kitchen, 97
Victoria St. N. (corner of Weber St). Aside from the discussion at the
event itself, I'm sure there will be some people who go to a local
beverage establishment afterwards to have more lengthy discussions.

http://fairvotewrc.ca/event/how-to-win-proportional-representation/

Doug, Paul: Do you want to have some discussion sessions sooner,
perhaps before the election? If so, pick a date and a handy coffee
shop, restaurant or maker space where we can gather, and I'll
certainly come out to talk politics!

- --Bob.
Co-chair of FairvoteWRC

Candidate  for the Green Party of Canada in  Kitchener-Conestoga
https://bobjonkmangpc.ca/       mailto:bob.jonkman at greenparty.ca
Vote for the person  who will best represent you in your riding!