[fvc-wat-disc] No Electoral Reform Town Hall in Kitchener-Conestoga

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Aug 22 23:26:02 EDT 2016

Hi everyone: I received confirmation from Harold Albrecht's office today
that he will *not* be hosting an Electoral Reform Town Hall for
Kitchener--Conestoga:

Bob Jonkman wrote:
> I am personally eager to attend a Town Hall on Electoral Reform
> for Kitchener-Conestoga, as suggested by the Special Committee on
> Electoral Reform.  I understand the Liberals will be holding
> consultations (I don't know the dates); it would be good for
> Kitchener-Conestoga to have an equal voice in the process. Can you
> let me know when and where our Town Hall consultation will take
> place?
>
> Thank you, --Bob Jonkman

Linda Fauteux (Constituency Manager) replied:
> In terms of your question about your ability to offer input
> regarding Electoral Reform, Harold will be seeking input via direct
> Kitchener-Conestoga constituents in the next few weeks. Wishing you
> all the best - Linda

I strongly urge everyone to write down their views and mail a
submission to the Special Committee on Electoral Reform, with a copy
to your own MP.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Committees/en/ERRE/StudyActivity?studyActivityId=9013025

== Contact the Committee ==

Special Committee on Electoral Reform
Sixth Floor, 131 Queen Street
House of Commons
Ottawa ON K1A 0A6
Canada

E-mail: ERRE at parl.gc.ca

Fax: 613-947-3089

But you can e-mail your MP or the Hon. Maryam Monsef, Minister for
Democratic Instutions without postage:

Special Committee on Electoral Reform
c/o The Hon. Maryam Monsef
House of Commons
Ottawa  ON  K1A 0A6
Canada

You can also make an online submission on the ERRE website:

https://survey-sondage-hoc.parl.gc.ca/TakeSurveyPage.aspx?s=97c13c511de44b438c58618cf3739ff7&tsid=d95533d7b4ca405cb88bb1ff5f19ce38&c=en-CA&study=Electoral%2bReform&studyId=9013025

- -- Bob.

- --