[fvc-wat-disc] 14 Sep 2016: Federal electoral reform community dialogue tour with @MaryamMonsef #EngagedInER

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Aug 26 18:00:45 EDT 2016

Paper Vote is a grass-roots movement (like Fair Vote Canada), based in
Ottawa. From the Twitter profile @PaperVote: Advocating for the
traditional paper ballot voting system in Canada

Richark Akerman is the voice of @PaperVote on Twitter, and writes a
blog at https://papervotecanada.blogspot.ca/

Just as I have been doing, Paper Vote is advocating against the use of
electronic voting without using a marked ballot, or against using the
Internet for online voting. But Richard Akerman has been compiling a
lot more evidence than I have, and documenting it on the Paper Vote
website.

One mandate of the Special Committee on Electoral Reform is to examine
online voting, yet as far as I know they have not called any witnesses
who are computer scientists or e-voting experts. Sadly, I *have* heard
some political scientists provide weak and inaccurate testimony that
contradicts everything agreed on by people knowledgeable about e-voting.

- --Bob.