[fvc-wat-disc] Notes from Tuesday's organizing meeting

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:45:47 EST 2016

Dear Friends,

Electoral reform is  busy tonight.  Just want to let everyone know what we
talked about and decide on at last Tuesday nights organizing meeting.

1) Reviewed our activity since the our first meeting: 2 press releases
which resulted in an op. ed. piece in the New Hamburg Independent and an
interview on the CBC's morning show with Craig Norris. One letter to the
editor from Dave Arthur and an piece by Luisa D'amato with thanks to Dave
Arthur.  A footnote, Luisa had an excellent piece on the federal electoral
reform survey in today's paper.  We are expecting another letter to the
editor in response to an editorial in last week's Record to be published
soon.

2) We had a report from the National Green Party meeting in Calgary over
last weekend.  They voted to endorse MMP but are open to other PR systems.
Their endorsement of MMP brings them in line with NDP policy.

3)  FVC has a website which supports people looking for help to understand
the federal survey.  The FVC website is: mycanadiandemocracy.ca.  Please
share our website as widely as possible!

4) Send Christmas Cards to Liberal MPs stating, "All I want for Christmas
is Proportional Representation".  The template for the cards was sent
Wednesday night to the discussion list.  It is a nice Christmas craft
activity for unhappy electoral reformers.  Please send! :)

5) We agreed to participate in Leadnow's national day of action for
electoral reform on Tuesday, Dec. 13 at noon.  We will meet at Bardish
Chagger's office, 100 Regina Street South, in Waterloo to present her with
a copy of the Liberal electoral reform promise.  A smaller delegation will
do the presentation while the rest of us sing Carols, hand out tabloids and
Christmas cards outside her office.  Fun ideas, colourful signs and
placards are encouraged!  If you can take the time over your lunch hour
please join us!

6)  Donald Fraser will photoshop the current Liberal fundraising item, a
toque that says:  Real Change to read: Real Betrayal.  If anyone has any
ideas on how we can create an actual toque that says: Real Betrayal in time
for Tuesdays rally, please let us know! :)

Our next meeting is Wednesday, January 11th.  Everyone is welcome!

Kind regards,