[fvc-wat-disc] House may sit after next week

Laurel L. Russwurm laurel.l at russwurm.org
Tue Dec 13 12:12:47 EST 2016

The Globe and Mail actually managed a pretty good satirical editorial
about the the Liberals and Conservatives switching teams on electoral
reform.

  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/editorials/on-electoral-reform-the-liberals-are-laying-a-beating-on-the-liberals/article33131738/

Regards,
Laurel

On 12/12/2016 04:51 PM, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> Mary Cunningham's letter:
>
> http://www.therecord.com/opinion-story/7011942-electoral-reform/
>
>> Three of the four political parties in Canada are in favour of a
>> new system and they represent a majority of Canadians. Only the
>> Conservatives favour the old system. So, let's just do it.
> Actually, in the ERRE report the Conservatives now support a
> proportional system. Only the Liberals wrote about their opposition in
> their supplementary report.
>
> Odd to have the Conservatives onside and the Liberals opposed. O brave
> new world, that has such people in it.
>
> - --Bob.
>

> On 2016-12-12 04:37 PM, Jennifer Ross wrote:
>> No, but Mary Cunningham has a nice letter in today.  I'm still
>> looking, Cathe.
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 4:31 PM, <cdcampbell9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I wrote a letter to the Waterloo Record about PR. An editor
>>> phoned me the afternoon of December 6. Has anyone seen it having
>>> been published since then? I don't have a subscription and I
>>> don't check it every day.
>>>
>>> Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone. *From: *Sharon
>>> Sommerville *Sent: *Saturday, December 10, 2016 5:51 PM *To:
>>> *fvc-wat-disc at listserv.thinkers.org *Reply To: *FVC Waterloo
>>> Region Discussion *Subject: *[fvc-wat-disc] House may sit after
>>> next week
>>>

>>> *Hello Everyone,Here is a bit of an update for the Christmas
>>> card campaign.  I spoke with Bardish Chagger today and she said
>>> the House may have to sit into the week after next as they have a
>>> lot of work to do, if they don't finish the House will rise after
>>> the 16th.  This is good news for anyone who wants to get cards in
>>> the mail on Monday!Thank you to everyone for all the hard work to
>>> make the Christmas card campaign a success!Cheers,Sharon *

>>> listserv.thinkers.org

> - --
>

> - --
> Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com>          Phone: +1-519-635-9413
> SOBAC Microcomputer Services             http://sobac.com/sobac/
> Software   ---   Office & Business Automation   ---   Consulting
> GnuPG Fngrprnt:04F7 742B 8F54 C40A E115 26C2 B912 89B0 D2CC E5EA

♦ *Laurel L. Russwurm, Author <http://laurel.russwurm.org/blogs/>*  ♦
*Libreleft Books* <http://libreleft.com> ♦ *Laurel L. Russwurm's Free
Culture Blog <https://laurelrusswurm.wordpress.com/>*  ♦ *Libreleft
Pictures*