[fvc-wat-disc] Elizabeth's question and Justin's answer

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Jun 3 22:54:31 EDT 2016

For those who use secure browsers and see only a blank page at either
of those URLs, here's a direct link to the YouTube video:

https://youtu.be/C-axhmxfZLs

Interesting that Mr. Trudeau doesn't actually answer Ms. May's
question: "I want to ask the Prime Minister if he agrees with me that
our friends in the Conservative Party are not interested in a
referendum or they would have looked at the Act; they're interested in
stopping Canadians from getting what we voted for as a majority for a
fair voting system" (which isn't much of question); instead he says
that "the next election will not be done under First Past The Post"
(which isn't much of an answer).

- --Bob.

On 2016-06-03 09:05 PM, Anita Nickerson wrote:
> Thanks, Sharon!
>
> Anita
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
> sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If the link won't open, try this:
>>
>> http://elizabethmaymp.ca/qp-electoral-reform/
>>
>> Sharon
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 6:14 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
>> sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> This is taken from Elizabeth May's parliamentary week in
>>> review. Elizabeth's question is very reveling as is Justin's
>>> answer. His answer refutes Minister Monsef recent comments that
>>> if Cdns. want to keep FPTP, there will be no change to our
>>> electoral system.
>>>
>>> Is a referendum even an option for electoral reform?
>>> <http://contacts.elizabethmaymp.ca/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=103022&qid=18744969>

Regards,