[fvc-wat-disc] The Record column by Luisa D'Amato

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Jun 29 12:13:53 EDT 2016

It wasn't so much upsetting as disappointing. I'm convinced Ms. D'Amato
fully understands the subleties of both sides of the debate on Electoral
Reform, and knows the legal requirements and restrictions on holding a
referendum. But MainStreamMedia pays her salary, and she'll be
restricted to writing within The Record's editorial policy. That, or her
work will be edited until it does match editorial policy, something
which may already have happened.

But you're right, any mention for Fair Vote is beneficial. I just wish
we were more media-savvy so that we could spin "Any press is good press"
as well as our pro-FPTP colleagues.

- --Bob.