[fvc-wat-disc] Strategy Meeting on Wed, 23 Nov 2016; date for future Discussion Night?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Nov 1 01:14:09 EDT 2016

Yes, it seems that having discussion Night on Hallowe'en was not the
most strategic planning manoeuvre.

As you say, there's a need to make a coordinated effort to address the
Liberals' backsliding on their election promise of electoral reform.
We talked about this tonight, and we've scheduled a Strategy Meeting:

*What*: Fair Vote Waterloo Strategy Meeting
*When*: Wednesday, 23 November 2016, likely from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Location To Be Determined

We talked about the best approach: Do we write letters? Do we target
Liberal MPs? The ERRE committee? Media?  Do we have protest rallies?
Saturday is Guy Fawkes Night, but celebrating its original purpose is
probably a bit much.

Aside from last night being Hallowe'en, it seems that Monday nights
for Discussion Nights are not ideal for some people. When *do* people
want to meet for Discussion Night? Fill in the poll, and we'll hold
November's Discussion Night on the preferred date.

http://www.fairvotewrc.ca/polls/poll-date-for-fair-vote-waterloo-discussion-night/

- --Bob, who wants Hallowe'en as a statutory holiday.