[fvc-wat-disc] The Record: Waterloo rejects online voting, ranked ballot (21 Nov 2016)

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 22:57:45 EST 2016

Well, not right now, but maybe come June, we could mount a letter writing
campaign--to the clerk.  To the staff.  Let's drive them crazy for a while,
while we urge them to do their jobs for us citizens.  Then once we've worn
down the staff, we move in on the councillors.

They don't take orders from staff, they take them from us.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 10:53 PM, John Cooper <johnco at golden.net> wrote:

> Mayor Jaworski voted in favour of online voting. As a former blackberry
> exec and UW Math grad, he knows more than all of the other councillors and
> most staff about IT safety, security etc.
>
> How do change minds of people like Brian Bourke and others?
>
> These are ones who vote for a policy.
>

> Senior staff will provide the information and reports that they want to
> provide.
>
> For 39 yrs. I worked in municipal gov’t. I know how devious – and stupid -
> managers can be.
>

> The public wants voting to be easier, more accessible.
>
> It’s going to require a tidal wave of outrage at these councillors to
> change their thinking.
>

> Good luck!
>

> John

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.