[fvc-wat-disc] Putting Submissions to #ERRE on the FairvoteWRC website

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Oct 7 20:11:47 EDT 2016

<sigh> I know...

There is no problem with the security certificate. Really.

Fairvotewrc.ca uses a "self-signed" certificate. It was created by the
site administrator, Aden Seaman. It does not rely on any Certificate
Authority (CA) like Verisign.  But because there's no CA in the
browser for FairvoteWRC, the browser complains.

I could tell you all about spoofed CA certificates and the conspiracy
that the thousands of dollars browser vendors charge for including CA
certificates makes browser vendors disinclined to support self-signed
certificates, but I don't want to wear out my tinfoil hat...

- --Bob.