[fvc-wat-disc] Putting Submissions to #ERRE on the FairvoteWRC website

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:20:50 EDT 2016

I can't get in, either!  And Google has some saved stuff it shows, and the
big thing it shows is:

EVENTS:  CANCELLED

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 7:38 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> No one has said they can't access it but then I don't know if anyone else
> has tried.
>
> Bob, any suggestions?
>
> Sharon
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 6:49 PM, Dave Arthur <arthurd23 at bell.net> wrote:
>
>> I still can't access the fairvote waterloo region website at all.
>> Are others having the same problem?
>> Can it be corrected?
>> Dave
>>
>> -----Original Message----- From: Bob Jonkman
>> Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 8:11 PM
>> To: FVC Waterloo Region Discussion
>> Subject: Re: [fvc-wat-disc] Putting Submissions to #ERRE on the
>> FairvoteWRC website

>> <sigh> I know...
>>
>> There is no problem with the security certificate. Really.
>>
>> Fairvotewrc.ca uses a "self-signed" certificate. It was created by the
>> site administrator, Aden Seaman. It does not rely on any Certificate
>> Authority (CA) like Verisign.  But because there's no CA in the
>> browser for FairvoteWRC, the browser complains.
>>
>> I could tell you all about spoofed CA certificates and the conspiracy
>> that the thousands of dollars browser vendors charge for including CA
>> certificates makes browser vendors disinclined to support self-signed
>> certificates, but I don't want to wear out my tinfoil hat...
>>
>> - --Bob.
>>

>> On 2016-10-07 06:48 PM, Dave Arthur wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Bob Tried to register to post my submission and it said 'problem
>>> with security certificate'. Dave
>>>
>>> -----Original Message----- From: Bob Jonkman Sent: Friday, October
>>> 7, 2016 5:59 PM To: Fair Vote Waterloo Region Discussion Subject:
>>> [fvc-wat-disc] Putting Submissions to #ERRE on the FairvoteWRC
>>> website
>>>
>>> Hi everyone: It's Friday, and there are mere hours left to make
>>> your submission to the Special Committee on Electoral Reform.
>>>
>>> I've just completed mine, and posted it at
>>>
>>> http://poliblog.jonkman.ca/blogs/2016/10/07/electoral-reform
>>> -my-submission-to-the-erre-committee/
>>>

>>> I'd like to create a list of all the submissions made by local
>>> members of Fair Vote Waterloo -- if you've posted your submission
>>> on a blog or other web site let me know.
>>>
>>> If you've made a submission and want a place to post it publicly,
>>> I invite you to put your submission on the http://fairvotewrc.ca
>>> web site. Register at
>>>
>>> https://www.fairvotewrc.ca/wp-login.php?action=register
>>>
>>> and you'll be able to post your submission right away.
>>>
>>> --Bob.

>>> istserv.thinkers.org

>>> istserv.thinkers.org
>>>

>> - --
>>
>> - --
>> Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com>          Phone: +1-519-635-9413
>> SOBAC Microcomputer Services             http://sobac.com/sobac/
>> Software   ---   Office & Business Automation   ---   Consulting
>> GnuPG Fngrprnt:04F7 742B 8F54 C40A E115 26C2 B912 89B0 D2CC E5EA

>> istserv.thinkers.org

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.