[fvc-wat-disc] Column by Geoffrey Stevens

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 08:11:49 EDT 2017

I say we write to him at his email address, and also copy the editor of The
Record.

That we followed the ERRE process very closely, and we have the statistics
on every aspect of it, and wonder what evidence he has to so completely
contradict it?

And we wonder why the Record would publish such stuff, which with the
absence of evidence we have thus far, we can only view as 'fake news' and
as the paper of record for Waterloo Region, does credibility really mean
nothing to them?

And like that.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 1:43 AM, Anita Nickerson <anitann88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> https://www.therecord.com/opinion-story/7490755-time-
> for-trudeau-to-get-back-to-work/
>
> When somebody says something that you can 100% objectively verify is
> untrue, can we not ask for some kind of correction?
>

> *the largest number said they thought they preferred the existing
> first-past-the-post system, perhaps with tweaks. *
>
> This columnist has not even looked at the report of the ERRE, showing 87%
> of the public were for PR. He obviously heard what some Liberal MP said and
> took that as a fact. Which is exactly what they want - to rewrite history
> so everybody thinks that's what came out of the report.
>
> Here are stats from the ERRE: http://www.fairvote.ca/strong-mandate/
>
> Anita

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.