[fvc-wat-disc] NDP Leadership Candidates on Proportional Representation

seanh haberlin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 12:13:06 EDT 2017

In some ways websites are static and passe. They are also very expensive to
maintain.  Plus websites do not work well for mobile media, namely cell
phones. Instagram, Tweeter, Slack, Snapchat and a plethora of message
platforms work well on both desktops and phones.

Guy Caron, the candidate with the least amount of money, relies on tweeter,
Slack, Facebook and directed email as his vehicle.  His website is sorely
out of date and maintained in passive fashion.  Witness his endorsement
list under news.  It is under news that Guy announces his electoral reform
stance.  It is bizarre that his electoral reform is not issues.

Jagmeet Singh uses Instagram like crazy, Slack, Facebook not so much.  His
website is current but his preferred social media is Instagram.  Wait a
couple of hours or a couple of days and in all likelihood his policy on
electoral reform will appear on the website.  Last night, in Kitchener,
someone asked him about Proportional Representation (PR) and there was a
loud reaction from the crowd. I am sure he noted in and texted his team to
add something about PR

Charlie Angus uses Facebook heavily, while Niki Ashton is a Instagram and
Facebook devotee.  As an aside, Niki Ashton has stated her policy on
electoral reform under the issues section on her website.

Charlie Angus sister was dying.  Charlie spent the last week with her.  She
died yesterday.  We may start seeing some updates and action on his website
shortly.

Because of David’s comment, it occurred to me, that I rarely go to a
candidates website.  I also have the impression that Guy Caron actually
supports PR. I suspect the other candidates have PR on their checklist.  I
could be wrong about Guy but I don’t think I am about the other candidates.