[fvc-wat-disc] Organizing Workshop

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:48:12 EST 2017

Hello Everyone,

At last night's meeting we decided to spend a couple of hours looking at
strategies and tactics which might help us have greater impact in our
community and with our local MPs. Everyone is welcome, it is free and
should take about 2 hours.

Here is a poll to help choose a date:

http://www.fairvotewrc.ca/choose-a-date-for-the-fair-vote-waterloo-campaign-
tactics-meeting/

There are two guides which we will use to help shape our discussion.  If
everyone could read them before hand, it would jump start the workshop.

The first one is, Indivisible: A Practical Guide For Resisting The Trump
Agenda.  It is written by former congressional & senatorial staff and
offers practical tactics for influencing elected officials.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DzOz3Y6D8g_MN
XHNMJYAz1b41_cn535aU5UsN7Lj8X8/mobilebasic
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DzOz3Y6D8g_MNXHNMJYAz1b41_cn535aU5UsN7Lj8X8/mobilebasic>

The second is Pathways for Change:  Theories about How Policy Change
Happens. It is attached.

Pathways for Change may help us with why we are doing what we are doing and
what we can learn from the many, many others advocates that have gone
before us.

Let us know if you are interested!  A location hasn't been chosen, as it
will depend on how many people want to attend.

Take care,