[fvc-wat-disc] article in today's Globe and Mail Focus section

Cathy Scott cathy.scottfree at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:57:41 EST 2017

Did anyone else read the article, ‘ Why a Failed Bid for Electoral Reform is a Win for Canada’ written by William A. MacDonald?

I’d like to hear the understanding of this article by a more expert political mind than mine.

I find it rather mind-boggling.  It seems to me that the author is  crediting the FPTP electoral system with  any beneficial development in Canadian politics over the  past century or so.

Does this article make sense and am I missing something?

Cathy