[fvc-wat-disc] New Mandate Letter for the Hon. Karina Gould

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 1 18:03:15 EST 2017

Jennifer and Sharon and other people who have worked on Liberal
campaigns in the past have more leverage than those of us who just
voted strategically for the Liberals (or those who did not vote for
them at all). In addition to being delightful people they have good
connections within the party. There are other disaffected Liberal
campaign organizers as well.

Is there any sense in FVC (or LeadNow, or somebody) putting together a
pledge/petition signed by people who donated money or worked for
Liberal campaigns in the past?  This pledge would state that these
campaign workers/funders are withdrawing their support for the federal
Liberals in the next election. My previous cynicism still stands, but
maybe promising not to organize on behalf of Liberal candidates means
more than promising not to vote for them.

I called Raj Saini's office (and got through to a human, which was a
miracle) and expressed my discontent. I also talked to somebody who
worked on Saini's campaign and asked him to express his. Saini and the
other local Libs know that they are in a hotbed of electoral reform,
and they are probably expecting the backlash. But we can at least
flood their phones for a couple of days with our threats.

- Paul