[fvc-wat-disc] Letters to the Editor Needed

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Sat Feb 4 02:18:05 EST 2017

Donald Fraser wrote:
> However, down the road, electing an NDP government will
> automatically get us MMPR

In all the provinces in which the NDP has formed government, they have
never acted to implement any kind of electoral reform, especially not
Proportional Representation.

And although it is ostensibly part of their policy, neither Electoral
Reform nor Proportional Representation was on the NDP election
platform for the 2015 election. There was no mention of ER/PR on the
NDP website during the election, and questions about its absence went
unanswered by the NDP candidates or the webmaster.

> I think that the Green Party would be OK with such an effort as
> they would benefit perhaps the most from MMPR.

The Green Party will be happy to cooperate with other parties in
implementing Electoral Reform and Proportional Representation.
However, don't expect that Green candidates will step aside; instead,
Green candidates will campaign vigorously to get Canadians the
representation in Parliament they vote for.

- --Bob.