[fvc-wat-disc] Learning from the gun lobby to win reform

Donald Fraser donaldafraser at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 09:58:06 EST 2017

The article is really interesting in that it tells us ... "if you do it
once this time" you'll never be able to do it again so easily ... "it"
referring to using FPTP to kill FPTP ...

After that any major change will be very difficult BECAUSE the very
advantage of stable government means that government it not readily changed
which may become a disadvantage

It's a bit scary and not something we PR supporters have thought of. If
coalition government parties get filled up with a lot of dead wood,
entitled politicians, it can be difficult for the voters to threaten the
government with throwing them out, because there may just be more of the
same from the different parties to take their place ... the activist swing
voters lose their power to change things quickly

One can see this a bit by observing the EU with its huge cadre of entitled
politicians and unelected officials forcing member states to do their will
(e.g. immigration policy) and causing them to want to leave as in Brexit