[fvc-wat-disc] Who gets Electoral Reform?

Laurel L. Russwurm laurel.l at russwurm.org
Tue Jan 10 14:59:50 EST 2017

I expect the PR ministry is roughly equivalent to Star Trek red shirts.
Having a new wetter-behind-the-ears rookie suggests another one they can
throw under the bus.

Moving Dion out of government means another PR vote is gone too.

That said, I'd love to come to any meetings/events so I can get her
photo for Wikipedia & blogging.

Regards,
Laurel

On 01/10/2017 11:38 AM, Jennifer Ross wrote:
> The new Minister is Karina Gould.  According to FVC (Kelly),
> "Positive before election, met with volunteers, didn't say much except
> party line, event with FVC would be conflict of interest.
> Yes to principle of PR on questionnaire. Visited Feb 2016 now has no
> opinion, some interest"
>
> Poli-Sci from McGill (surprise, surprise - probably on debating team
> with Butts, Mendolsohn and Robert Sampson).
> Very young and inexperienced.
>
> She won her riding by 2450 votes
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karina_Gould
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karina_Gould>
>
> This is from me now.  Burlington is good for FVCs Peel Guelph and KW
> to gang up on, if we've a mind to do so--also coming from
> International Development might give us a leg up.  And she's young and
> married to a Mexican so the Trump thing might scare her into liking
> popular vote more plus youth are more amenable to PR in general.  But,
> we'll have to wait and see if that does anything.  Maryam was on the
> bandwagon to begin with, too.
>
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Sharon Sommerville
> <sharonsommerville at gmail.com <mailto:sharonsommerville at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Thanks for the news Eleanor.
>
>     Whom ever get Democratic Institutions will bring a message as to
>     the direction this is going.
>
>     And, strategy meeting tomorrow night, 85 Westmount Rd. South (sw
>     cor. of Westmount and Douglas).  Parking on Douglas.
>
>     Have a great day all!
>
>     Sharon
>
>     On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 7:19 AM, Eleanor Grant
>     <eleanor7000 at gmail.com <mailto:eleanor7000 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Cabinet shuffle day.
>
>         Not a surprise that JT is planning to move Maryam Monsef out
>         of this portfolio. But who can take it up?
>
>         I sure wish he'd give it to Stephane Dion! Besides him, what
>         Liberals are interested in electoral reform?
>
>         Eleanor

> No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political
> power in the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.

♦ *Laurel L. Russwurm, Author <http://laurel.russwurm.org/blogs/>*  ♦
*Libreleft Books* <http://libreleft.com> ♦ *Laurel L. Russwurm's Free
Culture Blog <https://laurelrusswurm.wordpress.com/>*  ♦ *Libreleft
Pictures*