[fvc-wat-disc] Fair Vote Waterloo Discussion Night at Egg Roll King Restaurant, Wednesday, 25 January 2017 at 7:00pm

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Jan 26 15:06:38 EST 2017

We had a good crowd, at least 14 people, including some who came
because of the e-mail forwarded to the Council of Canadians --
Welcome, Marilyn, who has an appointment to see Marwan Tabbara today!

Lots of discussion on the report on mydemocracy.ca -- I think the
prevailing feeling was that the Liberals can interpret the results any
way they like, and, in spite of Jenn's optimism, it'll be to ignore
electoral reform.

Harold wanted some specific language for his letter to the Hon. Karina
Gould, but I don't think he was satisfied with anything we came up
with. It's tough to get a politician's attention if they don't want to
listen.

People left around 8:30pm, not sure if that's because conversation had
lulled, or if 9:00pm is just too late for people.

In spite of people disliking ERK for its lack of amenities for
meetings, we seem to get the biggest crowds there. Maybe that's
because it's centrally located in the centre of Waterloo Region. Tony
(the Egg Roll King himself) turned off the music, and put on a looping
fishtank video for us. Thanx Tony!

All in all, it was a good discussion night.  There's no Discussion
Night planned for February, but I think we may have another strategy
planning night then.

- - --Bob.