[fvc-wat-disc] (no subject)

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 13:20:08 EST 2017

Oh for sure electoral reform is only the first step.  But its the step that
allows the thinking of "where else can we improve our democracy?" to be
wide open.  In other words, I don't think you'll get as far (Chong's prior
attempt, anyone?) until you've proven electoral reform can happen.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 12:44 PM, Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> wrote:

> Here's a lightweight article explaining that the electoral system is not
> all that's wrong with Parliament.
>
> http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wherry-parliament-reform-1.3955247?cmp=rss
>
> >It's also possible that even if electoral reform is accomplished, it will
> be of limited utility so long as Parliament remains unreformed.
>
> >There is, for now, no shortage of words about what's wrong and what might
> be done to improve matters. It is merely down to the will of the
> participants to change things.
>
> How true...
>

> --
>
> Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> Phone: +1-519-635-9413 <(519)%20635-9413>
> SOBAC Microcomputer Services http://sobac.com/sobac/
> Software --- Office & Business Automation --- Consulting
> GnuPG Fngrprnt:04F7 742B 8F54 C40A E115 26C2 B912 89B0 D2CC E5EA

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.