[fvc-wat-disc] [fvc-wat-announce] Annual General Meeting: Wed, 21 June 2017

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Jun 16 21:20:01 EDT 2017

Hi Shannon: Consider yourself nominated!

If there's anyone else who wants to submit a nomination before the
meeting, please let me know! I'll post a list of advance nominees in
the reminder announcement on Monday night so that anyone who wants to
submit a proxy vote can do so before the meeting.

- --Bob.

On 2017-06-13 02:42 PM, Shannon Adshade wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I cannot make our FVC-WR AGM on June 21st as Cambridge City
> Council is having a Special Council meeting at the same time.
>
> I am still willing to serve on the Executive as an Additional
> Member if needed?
>
> However, due to Mobility issues and still not being able to drive
> I have not been able to attend meetiings, events and festivals like
> I have in the past.
>
> I hope this will improve in the future but I am not sure how long
> this will take?
>
> If the executive could let me know their thoughts that would be
> greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Shannon
>

> Original Message From: bjonkman at sobac.com Sent: June 8, 2017 11:18
> AM To: fvc-wat-announce at listserv.thinkers.org Reply-to:
> fvc-wat-disc at listserv.thinkers.org Subject: [fvc-wat-announce]
> Annual General Meeting: Wed, 21 June 2017
>
> Hi everyone: Summer approaches, and it's time for the Annual
> General Meeting of the Fair Vote Canada Waterloo Region Chapter.
> Everyone is welcome to attend, and paid-up members can vote and
> run for a position on the Executive Board.
>

> *What*: Fair Vote Waterloo Annual General Meeting *When*:
> Wednesday, 21 June 2017 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm (6:00pm dinner)
> *Where*: Egg Roll King Restaurant *Location*: 85 Courtland Avenue
> East, Kitchener, Ontario *Map*: https://osm.org/go/ZXnwS2Cx--?m=
>
> == Agenda ==
>
> 1) Review and acceptance of minutes from 2016 AGM
>
> 2) Report from the Co-Chair and Chapter Co-ordinator, Sharon
> Sommerville
>
> 3) Treasurer's Report
>
> 4) Old business * Outreach program * Letter Writing Team
>
> 4) Election of Fair Vote Waterloo Executive Board * All paid-up
> members of Fair Vote Canada are eligible to stand for nomination;
> only paid-up members can vote. Memberships can be paid at the
> meeting ($25/year, $10 for first year)
>
> * Proxy votes and self-nominations are allowed. You can nominate
> yourself even if you can't come to the meeting. E-mail me if you
> can't come, but want to run.
>
> * Three to Five members to be elected; they will choose amongst
> themselves which positions to fill: ** Co-Chair (2 year term) **
> Secretary (2 year term) ** 1 - 3 Members at Large (1 year term) **
> The second Co-Chair (Bob Jonkman) and Treasurer (Aden Seaman) will
>  complete the second year of their two-year term.
>
> 5) New Business * Summer Festivals - volunteers needed!
>
> 6) Announcements
>
> 7) Adjourment
>
> 8) Discussion
>

> == Registration ==
>
> Registration is optional, but will help with the reservation at the
> restaurant.
>
> Register at:
>
> http://www.fairvotewrc.ca/event/fair-vote-waterloo-annual-general-meeting-for-2017/#registration

The AGM will start at 7:00pm, but please join us for dinner at