[fvc-wat-disc] ***SPAM*** Re: TUESDAY NIGHT MASSACRE ... IMPEACHMENT NEXT !!!

Jay Judkowitz judkowitz at gmail.com
Thu May 11 13:29:37 EDT 2017

Given the centralization of party decision making and the tight discipline
the parties enforce on their legislators (money, primary challenges), do
not expect any Republicans to break ranks and take any action at all.  With
Republican control of both houses of Congress, nothing will happen unless
and until McConnell and Ryan initiate it.  This will happen only when and
if they decide that Pence is enough of an improvement over Trump with
regard to getting their agenda pushed through that it would be worth
weathering the firestorm of discontent from hardcore Trump supporters.

The interest in having a president who is not corrupt and is not selling
the US out to the Russians is not sufficient motivation for them to take
action or they would have already done so.  It's only once they see the
once in a generation opportunity to push their radical agenda slipping
through their fingers that they will take action.  If Trump is impeached
ever, it will be for being insufficiently capable at pushing the Republican
agenda, not for firing Comey.

With the Republicans, in particular, party and ideology trump country.

Sorry for the cynical take on this.  But, I did move here for a reason  ;-)