[fvc-wat-disc] My editorial was printed

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Fri May 12 22:34:46 EDT 2017

Thank you for making those important connections in your letter Jay.

Some of us are going door to door with a petition in support of Nathan
Cullen's motion for parliament to adopt the ERRE committee's
recommendations.  The response at the door is very encouraging.  The
majority of people, ( 60-70%), sign the petition which asks Raj to vote for
the motion. So many more people are aware of the issue, why it is important
and what the range of consequences might be if we don't get this right than
were aware of the issue say, two years ago.

People understand fairness & equality and they understand what a broken
promise means.  When an issue as dusty and seemingly remote as electoral
reform is explained in a concrete manner,ie the majority of Cdns. are
getting shafted and will continue to get shafted until we get an electoral
system which translates the greatest possible number of votes into
representation, people get it.

Thanks for the letter Jay.  And a warm welcome to electoral reform advocacy!

Kind regards,

Sharon