[fvc-wat-disc] Great letter by Dave Arthur

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Thu May 25 18:23:29 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

Fun times ahead!!!

Had an excellent conversation with Luisa D'Amato this afternoon about the
May 31st vote, the Leadnow Democracy Heroes campaign, our visit with Raj
this week and the likelihood of convincing 20 Liberal MPs to vote in
support of the motion.  Looking forward to an article by Luisa soon. With
luck we can get another supportive letter or two off to the Record after
Luisa's article is published. We are incredibly fortunate to have a
columnist at the Record who writes about electoral reform.

*Here is the ask*:  if you are on this discussion list electoral reform
must be an issue that is important to you.  Will you call your MP next
Monday or Tuesday to let them know why you care about electoral reform and
respectfully ask them to vote yes for the Concurrence Motion on May 31st? *
And*.... can you ask one more person to call their MP?  We need to create a
lot of buzz around this vote so the Liberals will begin to understand that
they have misjudged this issue and put electoral reform back on the table.

Here are our local MPs telephone #s:

Waterloo - Bardish Chagger:  519 746 1573 <(519)%20746-1573>

Kitchener Centre - Raj Saini:  519 741 2001 <(519)%20741-2001>*

Kitchener South Hespeler:     519 571 5509 <(519)%20571-5509>

Cambridge - Bryan May:        519 624 7440 <(519)%20624-7440>

Kitchener - Conestoga - Harold Albrecht: 519 578 3773 <(519)%20578-3773>

* *For Raj we have a click and call number, click here*:
*https://fairvote.callmymp.ca/
<https://fairvote.callmymp.ca/>* on Monday or Tuesday and the system will
connect with Raj's office and call you back with his office on the line.

Thank you taking action and demanding change. Working together, we will see
a fair electoral system for Canada.

All the best,
Sharon