[fvc-wat-disc] Meeting with Bardish

Harold Remus hremus at golden.net
Tue Nov 14 21:23:40 EST 2017

Merci!
Good points...thanks

From: Sharon Sommerville
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 7:56 AM
To: FVC Waterloo Region Discussion
Subject: Re: [fvc-wat-disc] Meeting with Bardish

Hi Harold,

Will put you on the list to meet with Minister Chagger, thank you!

As for a referendum; we don't have a history of using referendum to deal with federal issues, (only prohibition, conscription and Charlottetown in our 150 years), we send Cdn. service people off to kill or be killed without a national referendum, representation is a right & we don't vote on rights, the LPC ran on a promise of changing our electoral system & 68% of Cdns, voted for a party that campaigned for or has electoral reform as a party platform (LPC, NDP & Greens), they have a majority and a mandate to change our electoral system & they are using the referendum issue to justify not changing the system in keeping with what the PM wants which happens to favour the LPC.

Will keep you posted around possible dates and times for an appointment.

With thanks,
Sharon