[fvc-wat-disc] MEETING WITH RAJ SAINI HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED

Anita Nickerson anitann88 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 00:29:33 EDT 2017

Of course not, Jenn. The wisdom of Raj at our event - August, 2015:

*Raj:"Our leader Justin Trudeau has categorically stated that there will be
more free votes in the House. That we will be allowed to reflect the views
of our constituents. I would not be running personally if that was not the
case. I'm not going to Ottawa to seek employment. I'm not going there
because I think it's a great lifestyle. I'm not going there for any other
reason except I want to reflect the will and the advocacy of my
constituents.Mr. Trudeau has been quite clear on this issue. It's a very
transparent issue to all of us. He's stated in no uncertain terms that
there would only be two times we'd have to vote along party lines. One
would be if it's a finance matter or a budget matter, which as you know
would trigger a non-confidence motion. The second one would be if it went
against the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. So those are the only two
issues we'll be restricted to voting by. "*

Raj was absent yesterday for the pharmacare vote. But 4 Liberals did vote
yes.

https://openparliament.ca/votes/42-1/364/

Anita

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 11:08 PM, Jennifer Ross <2jennross at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm.  I was wondering why it was that Raj Saini couldn't vote for a
> policy which was his single most important reason for entering
> politics--that of national pharmacare.  I believe that vote was yesterday
> but could have been today.  So what unexpected dignitary takes an MP out of
> the House for three days or more?
>
> Plus, many of you will remember that an event scheduled with him in the
> first place was an appearance cancellation on National Pharmacare.  Now, a
> cynic might think that because this initiative is brought forward by
> everyone BUT Liberals, but nah, this is the reason he entered politics!
> Walking away because of lack of Liberal support CAN'T be right!  Right?
>
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
> sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello FairVoting Friends,
>>
>> We received a call from Raj's assistant this afternoon.  She was very
>> apologetic but due to an unexpected visit from a dignitary our meeting has
>> been rescheduled.
>>
>> Our meeting with Raj is scheduled for Friday, November 10th at 3:30 pm.
>> Hope that everyone who was planning on attending the meeting this week can
>> be there on Nov. 10th.  Perhaps November 10th at 3:30 will be better for
>> some!
>>
>> Do you have any petitions for pick up?  Let me know and we can make
>> arrangements.
>>
>> With thanks,
>> Sharon
>>
>> sharonsommerville at gmail.com

>> istserv.thinkers.org
>>

> --
> No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
> the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.

*Proportional representation delivers more of what YOU voted for!*
Sign the Declaration: www.fairvote.ca/declaration