[fvc-wat-disc] [fvc-wat-announce] Results from the BC referendum on electoral reform

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 23:53:13 EST 2018

We are doing a debrief--informally at the moment while the grieving process
begins--and a lot are actually, physically grieving.  Both internally and
in conjunction with our allies, is at least the suggested idea.  But the
anger and heartbreak will subside and the blame game will become a more
thoughtful critique.  Personally, having followed every dime of the
campaign, I am so proud of our BC leadership, volunteers, and Anita and
other Executive members that I find the result is less disappointing for me
than I'd have thought.  And I say that even knowing that *I'm not done and
now I get to do it for what feels like nothing (besides also for free).*

Of course there are lessons to be learned within Fair Vote Canada.  But in
my opinion--prior to the formal debrief it must be said--the least of where
we went wrong sits with Fair Vote's efforts.

I will suggest that the debrief conclusions be disseminated to the
membership.  Thanks for that, Matthew.

Jenn
Bookkeeping Services
519-501-2736
No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.