[fvc-wat-disc] Karina Gould, Minister of Democratic Institutions in Waterloo on Tues. July 17th at 4pm

Catherine Campbell cdcampbell9 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:35:19 EDT 2018

I’ll be there early. I hope the federal Liberals don’t fumble away the 2019 election to the Conservatives based partly on lying about electoral reform  during the 2015 election. I smell defeat of the Liberals by the Conservatives next year like in 1984 when deep corruption in the federal Liberal Party (mainly Quebec, I recall) repulsed voters enough to elect Brian Mulroney. He turned out to be corrupt and Canada’s worst prime minster. He managed to evade prosecution after testifying on Parliament Hill probably due to lack of evidence and the political establishment being too embarrassed to send a former pm to where he belonged.  I recall Fair Vote writing that 1984’s vote for Mulroney’s Conservatives was about 51 percent and Canada’s last true majority government .