[fvc-wat-disc] Latest liberal tactic

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 11:05:58 EDT 2018

In my opinion, I think it is one of tone-deafness.  They aren't thinking of
it now since it just isn't something they consider.  And, once back in
power, it is an evil that elects extremists.  Fair Vote Canada did tweet
back to Wynne about why PR is important to get her to consider it, but I
think Wynne has always been a soft supporter anyway.  It isn't her, its
everybody else!  But, I don't have friends in high places, either.

I'd like to know whether my messaging Dianne Verneil at this point (two
days before she loses her job) is being an asshole/rubbing it in/no
compassion sort of thing, or whether it might give her the "ah-hah"
moment.  Do I care what she thinks of me?  No, not much.  I do care I'm not
completely seen as a total asshole by the Liberal riding association in
general though.  Maybe I already am in which case I have nothing to lose,
but KNOWING I'm doing that to myself is not something I would particularly
like to do.  I expect you've all heard that I'm the only person in the
years Dianne Verneil has been our MPP, that has ever mentioned it to her?
LOL!!!  (i.e., not true)

On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 10:40 AM, Jay Judkowitz <judkowitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
>       I'm sure most of us have noticed the recent Liberal message, "We're
> going to lose our majority, but vote for as many of us as possible to force
> a minority government so the evil PC and the irresponsible NDP can't ruin
> the province."
>
>      If we had PR, this would be exactly the right message for them to go
> with.  But, without PR, they will split the left of center vote and give us
> Premier Ford.
>
>      My question to those of you with connections to the Liberal
> leadership is as follows.  Are the so lacking in self awareness that they
> don't realize that they had 15 years to pass PR and to prepare for the
> inevitability of their eventual loss of majority?  Or are they so cynical
> that they actually want Premier Ford figuring he'll break so much so
> quickly that they will soon be back in power with another majority?
>
>       Thanks in advance for your insights.
>
> Best regards,
> Jay

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.