[fvc-wat-disc] Invite Bob Hepburn to talk?

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 15:04:10 EDT 2018

That's a TERRIFIC idea!  Ontarians are likely wanting an event about now
:)  That is an excellent one to offer them!!  And, Dennis is such a saint
for our issue.

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 2:35 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Cathe;  we can can discuss the idea further at our AGM.
>
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 2:04 PM, Catherine Campbell <cdcampbell9 at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Great idea. Reporters are supposed to get the facts right. Reporters are
>> afraid to be thought incompetent by the peers. He needs to be made to want
>> to fix his kmistakes lest he be thought incompetent and worse,
>> unemployable. Reporters and politicians want to be on the correct side of
>> history. Doesn’t Fair Vote say 92 counties have PR ? But Canada doesn’t .
>> His job is to find out why and print it. It’s wonderful our members write
>> letters to the editor. But reporters should get the story right to earn
>> their byline and $70,000 salary.
>>
>> > On Jun 17, 2018, at 1:13 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
>> sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hello All,
>> >
>> > Would it be of interest to invite Bob Hepburn to discuss PR with Dennis
>> Pilon or the journalist that wrote that supportive article in the Star?
>> >
>> > It would be interesting.
>> >

>> > Cheers,
>> > S.
>> istserv.thinkers.org

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.