[fvc-wat-disc] PR in Quebec

Jennifer Ross 2jennross at gmail.com
Mon May 14 14:41:19 EDT 2018

Not really all that much.  They were the hardest to get on board I think,
and they are not in power ;)  Meaning, they will likely have to govern with
another party and all the other parties besides Liberals had already signed
on to make it a part of the deal.  Politics, for once, working in our
favour!  But I can be wrong on all of it.

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Sharon Sommerville <
sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:

> I googled the CAQ, and the CAQ is a right of centre party.  Odd that they
> are supportive of PR.
>
> On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 8:30 AM, Donald Fraser <donaldafraser at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Great News ... Quebec, in some ways, is far more European than the rest
>> of Canada.
>>
>> On 13 May 2018 at 22:01, Catherine Campbell <cdcampbell9 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Splendid! You’re right about describing the politics as dominoes
>>> falling. Exciting and gratifying. Yay Sharon et al.
>>>
>>> On May 13, 2018, at 9:58 PM, Cathy Scott <cathy.scottfree at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Wow! Quite exciting news! Thanks for letting us know
>>> Cathy

>> istserv.thinkers.org

No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in
the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister.