[fvc-wat-disc] Early Results From Sunday's PR Canvas

Sharon Sommerville sharonsommerville at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 21:34:10 EDT 2018

Hello FairVoting Friends,

On Sunday afternoon, 4 stalwart volunteers spent time knocking on doors in
Waterloo.  A big thanks to Cathy Scott, Dave Arthur, Corliss Olsen and Evan
Rosamond for bundling up for PR.

The early results, from a small sample, are encouraging.  The team knocked
on 19 doors. Of those 11 weren't home.  Of the 8 we had an opportunity to
speak with people, 6 signed our petition!  The other folks were interested
and we had thoughtful conversations with them. There is a openness toward
PR that we haven't always experienced in the past.  As Dennis Pilon said
recently we are at the tipping point for PR.

We would like to do a few more canvases.  We only need two people to go out
to knock on doors at any time and you don't need to be an expert on the
technicalities of PR.  Possible canvass dates are Oct. 13/14th, 20/21st and
27/28th.  If any of those days work for you we will find you a partner!

Would you consider spending some time knocking on doors?  We would
appreciate your help!

With thanks,
Sharon
for FVC-WR