[fvc-wat-disc] (no subject)

Jonathan Cassels cassels.jon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:20:50 EDT 2018

Thanks for that reminder, Bob.

One of the things I appreciate most about this group is how engaged
everyone is on lots of important political issues. I love the fact that I
can go to almost any political rally or event in this community and find
FVC members there.

That said, I know that I've commented to reporters (in pretty strong terms)
about my views on other political issues. And those reporters know I'm in
FVC and could have quoted me in a way which made it sound like I was
speaking for FVC when I was not.

I think our members should be encouraged to be outspoken about issues they
care about, and I plan to continue to be. But this is a great reminder to
me personally that I need to be careful to separate my personal views from
my affiliation with FVC.

I think that the harm caused by these comments, if any, is extremely minor.
But the reminder that I need to be careful in how I present myself to
reporters has a lot of value.

Keep fighting the good fight, friends :)

-Jon