[fvc-wat-disc] Justin Trudeau rally in Cambridge tomorrow

Dave Arthur arthurd23 at bell.net
Wed Apr 17 18:47:30 EDT 2019

At least he admitted it was because it wasn’t ranked ballot or alternative vote that he was willing to cancel the whole thing.
The question of consensus or lack of it that was the reason he stopped the process is up for question.
What exactly was the split on his committee?
Were the Liberal  committee members told to go against PR?
He obviously was unwilling to go with evidence from the 88% of witnesses who recommended PR or the 90% of developed democracies who use it.
He also incorrectly said that changing to PR would be forever.
Countries like New Zealand went with MMP with the condition that another referendum after a couple elections would ask whether to continue.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10