[fvc-wat-disc] Meeting: Monday, August 26, 2019.

Catherine Campbell cdcampbell9 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 10:28:35 EDT 2019

Hi, Anita, A group of us met Catherine Fife on Friday 23. She seemed conciliatory. She didn’t seem strongly committed despite the NDP getting occasionally reduced to a rump in elections. Eg 1993 federal general election 6.88 percent popular vote, 9 seats. The federal NDP May also do poorly on October 21.  Can you please send a reminder of tonight’s meeting to everyone? Please bring all the cards you have which Don , I and others can take away to distribute as soon as possible. They are a sunk cost paid for by previous donations. The public needs the facts. I’m surprised I only learned at the Fair Vote booth at one of the festivals this summer that the only western democracies which don’t practice a form of PR are the USA, UK and Canada! I’ve been coming to meetings for four years! Go figure! Fair Vote needs to do more remedial teaching of members and voters. See you tonight. Regards, Cathe Campbell