[fvc-wat-disc] PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

Catherine Campbell cdcampbell9 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 09:26:07 EDT 2019

Thanks for letting me know you saw my April 3 letter in the Record. Young people and environmentalists need to turn their energy into votes for candidates with policies to fight climate change. Apathy is a political decision. Letting your opponents win is a political decision. I listened recently to the audiobook of US former Democratic Congressman Barney Frank from Massachusetts. He helped write and pass the Dodd-Frank bill about 2011, to hold banks responsible. Barney Frank wrote that when the right believes in an issue, it registers their supporters on the voter lists, and gets them out to vote on Election Day eg the pro gun lobby. When the left cares about something, they march. He said the left acts like they don't actually believe in democracy. Votes equal power. The way to get the policies you want is to vote your supporters into office.  Regards, Cathe Campbell