[fvc-wat-disc] Raj Saini vote splitting leaflet

Anita Nickerson anitann88 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 22:10:46 EDT 2019

Paul, I'm very interested in this flyer with this pie chart that is pulled
directly from Team Saini's professional fear-mongering team.

Remember in 2015 when the Greens got in trouble in Victoria for
distributing a misleading flyer about a poll?

https://vancouversun.com/news/politics/greens-admit-to-deliberately-misleading-victoria-voters

(I won't go into all the much worse stuff by the other parties this
election).

I wonder what made their flyer a violation of the Act and this not? Is it
because maybe their flyer had numbers misrepresenting an actual poll,
whereas Raj's random pie doesn't seem to represent anything except a
hypothetical scenario?

In any case, we put our own flyer, based on a REAL poll - see below. It
went to 10,000 houses the week before. DIRECTLY countering Raj's message.

I like to think that flyer helped the Greens and NDP keep some of
their vote instead of people abandoning it in the ballot box for strategic
(Liberal) voting as they usually do, because unlike many other places, the
Green vote was exactly what the local poll said, not a lot lower.

However, third party groups are very restricted in what they can spend in a
riding. So while we could afford 10,000 of them delivered - I think it was
$1500 or $2000 and this the first time in FVC history we had the money to
do it - Saini's team could cover all 100,000 voters as often as they wanted
pretty much, and spend 50 or 100x the money.

FVC is advocating for for some basic truth in advertising laws. Another
thing parties will not be interested in ;)

Anita

[image: Kitchener-Centre-flyer-facebook.jpg]