[fvc-wat-disc] Agenda for Feb. 26th meeting and request for laptop

Cathy Scott cathy.scottfree at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 14:39:01 EST 2020

Hi, All
At the last meeting we were able to use ZOOM to make our meeting available
to those who couldn't attend, and a couple of people appreciated being able
to participate from home. computers.   There is WiFi a the Civic Hub which
we can use.
Could anyone bring a laptop to use during the meeting?
Thanks for letting me know.

Here is the agenda:

   - presentation by Jay Judkowitz, about how we might reframe our approach
   to educating the public about PR; based on the webinar:  'Moral Framing
   Approach to PR'. Jay, Corliss and Owen met in December to develop ideas we
   might use, based on this information.  Here is the link to the webinar:
   https://youtu.be/kQU2IOGNQNk

   - Owen and Cathy will talk briefly about their presentation to the
   Kitchener Centre Provincial Liberal Association, about FairVote and
   Citizens' Assemblies

   - update on the Citizens' Assembly event we are planning for next fall,
   likely during Democracy Week in September

   - CrossCultures Antiracism Day on March 21 at Kitchener City Hall -
   volunteers needed to man the FVWR info table

   - Festival Season - plans our  chapter's  attendance at this summer's
   festivals for public education about FairVote and PR

   - Ontario Liberal Party  leadership campaign update.

Let me know if there are any additions to the agenda.
Cathy