[fvc-wat-disc] Interesting headlines

Peter KH petercookiesncream at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 26 00:41:57 EST 2020

I can't make it to the February meeting. February is considered "end of the year" at work and thus is pretty busy

Articles
- France is using a citizen's assembly to figure out way to decrease carbon emissions -
https://prospect.org/world/france-citizen-legislators-craft-climate-reforms/
- A new canvassing technique "deep canvassing" is being tried in Pennsylvania https://prospect.org/politics/change-voters-sympathies-deep-canvassing/

Random (probably bad) ideas
- I remember talk about having a community movie screening last year. The Guelph documentary film festival might be a good venue if we (or an activist group working on a different issue) has a good movie
- KWVegfest might be a festival worth attending. The last time I went there were quite a few activist groups. Most attendees might already be convinced of the value of proportional representation though
- If regional council has a town hall on a evening/weekend it might be worth seeing if we can set up a booth

Sorry for rambling
- Peter KH