[fvc-wat-disc] Idea for December meeting

Peter KH petercookiesncream at protonmail.com
Sat Nov 28 18:39:16 EST 2020

I have been thinking about our previous discussion about reaching out to other Civic Hub groups. One idea would be to have a VIRTUAL Zoom FairVote social meeting in December. The goal would be to use the meeting as a networking opportunity and invite as many other community groups as possible. This would be an opportunity to talk to community groups that we have not talked to in previous years. The goal of the event would not be to convince anyone of any one cause but to make friends and hopefully have a larger group of people we can call on for support when our group really needs it (and vice versa). The event kind of fits with us having social meetings in December in prior years.

To avoid talking over each other, we can have a meeting with several virtual rooms. This year's FoodBank "Waffles in the Warehouse" fundraiser had multiple virtual rooms and it worked out pretty well.

I am interested in what other people think. Is this is a really bad idea? (or perhaps it is an only slightly bad idea).

- Peter KH