[fvc-wat-disc] Sad News

stuchandler43 stuchandler43 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 00:50:02 EDT 2021

Thanks Sharon For advising us, and passing on our condolences to Cathy. I'd certainly want to contribute in some way. Let us know what you learn Wednesday from CathyBest regards StuSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Sharon Sommerville <sharonsommerville at gmail.com> Date: 2021-07-20  9:09 p.m.  (GMT-05:00) To: Jennifer Ross <jenn at jenniferross.ca>, FVC Waterloo Region Discussion <fvc-wat-disc at listserv.thinkers.org> Subject: Re: [fvc-wat-disc] Sad News I understand that there will be a graveside service with a memorial service to follow next month.There have been two suggestions of flowers...I will be visiting with Cathy tomorrow and will let her know that we would like to do something to express our sympathy & caring: flowers or something else. I will ask her if there is anything that would be meaningful to her and her family.  A donation to a favourite cause or charity etc.Sharon On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 8:42 PM Jennifer Ross <2jennross at gmail.com> wrote:Such sad news.  Do we know the funeral home yet, by any chance?JennBookkeeping Services519-501-2736No other Western democratic country concentrates as much political power in the hands of one person as Canada does with her Prime Minister. On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM Jonathan Cassels <cassels.jonathan at gmail.com> wrote:Thanks for letting us know, Sharon.I wish there was something we could do for Cathy. We should certainly send flowers, along with our condolences that way.-JonOn Tue, 20 Jul 2021 at 18:17, Ellen Papenburg <sagittaep at gmail.com> wrote:Oh what a shock! Thank you Sharon!Ellen (and Jim)(via my android phone,  typos may occur)    On Tue, Jul 20, 2021, 16:48 Sharon Sommerville, <sharonsommerville at gmail.com> wrote:Hello Everyone,Cathy Scott asked that her FVC friends know that during the early hours of Monday morning, her husband passed away.  John's passing was quiet and without any distress.I spoke with Cathy today and she is coping as best as one can under the circumstances.  During our conversation, I also expressed condolences for her loss on behalf of our chapter.Keep well,Sharon