[fvc-wat-announce] Volunteers Needed/Meeting Correction

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Aug 16 16:50:07 EDT 2007

 	First of all, I made a boo-boo in my last announcement. The next
Waterloo Region chapter meeting is on AUGUST 21 (i.e. next Tuesday), not
in September. It will be held at 7pm at the Faculty of Social Work
building, 120 Duke St. W.

 	Now the big news: we have an amazing opportunity to have a booth
at the Waterloo Farmer's Market (across the street from the St. Jacobs
one) from late August until October. However, we really need some
volunteers to make this happen!

 	The hours are Saturdays from 7am-2pm and Sundays from 10am-4pm.
We need some people to cover 3-4 hour shifts throughout the day. You can
volunteer for as many or as few shifts as you would like. Respond to this
e-mail and let me know the following information:
 	- What days/dates/times you could cover (tentative plans are okay)
 	- Whether you have transportation to the market
 	- Whether you would be willing to help a less-experienced booth
partner in staffing the booth (or whether you would like a more
experienced partner to help you out)

 	This is an excellent way to help contribute to the referendum
effort: in addition to reaching out to the hundreds of people who go to
the Farmer's Market, you will get valuable practice in explaining the
referendum to others.
 	Please consider doing this! Without additional help we won't be
able to make this happen, and this excellent outreach opportunity will
slip through our fingers.

 	In addition to the Farmer's Market we can also use some help this
weekend. We are particularly understaffed this Saturday for the Rock the
Mill Festival in Dickson Park, Cambridge. Contributing a few hours would
be a big help. We could especially use a hand in taking down and
transporting our display at the end of the event. The festival runs from
12pm to 11pm.

 	We also should be attending the LINK Picnic this Sunday in
Waterloo Park (noon til dusk). We don't need people as badly for this
event, but a few extra hands would still be welcome.

 	Again, please respond to this e-mail to volunteer.

--
Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday Sept 11, 7pm