[fvc-wat-announce] Tomorrow's public consultation: last minute announcements

pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca pnijjar at utm.utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 9 17:49:10 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

This should be the final reminder I send to the list about tomorrow's Citizens'
Assembly public consultation.

Again, the meeting is at:

7-10pm at the
YMCA Ontario Early Years Centre Training Room
425 University Avenue East
(Bridge and University, at the Price Chopper Plaza near Bechtel Park)

Unfortunately, at least one paper has advertised this event as taking place at
the "KW YMCA", which is pretty misleading. This building is not a gym. So if
your friends are planning to attend, please make sure they know the rough
location of the place.

Carpooling
----------

Because this meeting is out of the way, we have tried to set up some
carpooling. So far we have two people willing to provide carpools:

  - David Lubell, who can pick up from the universities or Uptown Waterloo. He
is leaving the meeting early, however (by 9:30pm) so getting transportation
back may be an issue. His telephone number is 519.745.0715 . E-mail me for his
e-mail address.

  - Andrew Cant, who can pick up from Waterloo or maybe downtown Kitchener. E-
mail me for his contact information.

We could use some more people providing rides, so if you would be willing to do
some carpooling please contact me and let me know. If you need a ride you can
also let me know and I can try to hook people up.

My e-mail access is sketchy for tonight, so I may not be able to respond to e-
mails until tomorrow afternoon. But I will do my best.

Bus Transport
-------------

Bus transportation to the location is pretty sketchy. Your best bet is to take
the Number 12 Bridgeport bus, which has a stop at University and Braemore
streets, about a block away. This bus comes on the half-hour, and can be caught
at University and King.

The number 5 bus is not reliable. It does have a stop near the plaza, but the
route only passes there during rush hours.

The only other possibility is route 6, which has a stop at Lancaster and
Bridge. You can then walk for about 15 minutes up Bridge street (away from the
river) through a residential area to get to the plaza. This bus comes every 45
minutes.

That's all I got. I hope we get a good turnout tomorrow, and I hope to see some
of you there. And don't forget that you can submit some written comments to the
Assembly by Jan 31 whether you attend the consultation tomorrow or not.