[fvc-wat-announce] Meeting: 7:30 Thursday, Jan 25 @ UW

Derek Kraan derek.kraan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 20:46:50 EST 2007

Hi everyone! This is an announcement about an upcoming Fair Vote Canada
meeting this Thursday, January 25 at 7:30pm in the Student Life Centre, room
3103 at the University of Waterloo.

As you know, the Ontario Citizens' Assembly will be making their
recommendation by May 15th. To win this referendum, we need to be ready to
hit the ground running on May 16.

The first quarter of the meeting (15 minutes) will be spent brainstorming
ideas on how we can best tackle the campaign in the Waterloo Region.

After we have a bunch of ideas, we will choose the best ones using a simple
voting mechanism - feet. I don't mean that we're all going to take off our
shoes and vote, rather that the ideas that excite people enough that 2 or 3
organize around them are the ones that we will proceed with.

The final 45 minutes of the meeting will be used to split into groups and
flesh out the ideas that were brainstormed about in the first quarter of the
meeting.

There is a similar meeting in the works for downtown Kitchener, and soon we
will have a meeting in Cambridge as well.

If you can't make the meeting but would still like to be involved, you can
contact me at the number below or by replying to this email.

That's all for now. I hope to see many of you at the meeting!

Derek Kraan
519.342.5345
Co-chair, Waterloo Region Chapter
Fair Vote Canada