[fvc-wat-announce] Information Night Tuesday (also: meeting! festivals!)

Paul Nijjar pnijjar at sdf.lonestar.org
Sat Jun 9 22:44:40 EDT 2007

 	Hey la, hey la,

 	Information night is back. This Tuesday evening we'll have an
information session which will discuss our current voting system and the
alternative proposed in this October's referendum. These information
nights are intended for the general public -- please do not feel
intimidated because you don't "know enough". This is a good opportunity
for you to strengthen your understanding about the voting systems up for
consideration, or to introduce those around you to the issues at stake.
As usual, this information night will be held at 7pm at the Lyle S.
Hallman Faculty of Social Work, in downtown Kitchener behind City Hall.

 	Before the information session (at 6pm) we will also be holding a
volunteer meeting, to catch up on the many things that have happened over
the past two weeks and to prepare further for the campaign. If you are
interested in helping out (there's lots to be done!) please join us. (You
can, of course, come to both the volunteer meeting and information night,
or just go to one gathering.) This will also be happening at the Faculty
of Social Work.

 	In addition to these meetings we are making some public
appearances. In the next couple of weeks, we will have a booth set up at
both the Non-Violence Festival on June 16 (http://nonviolencefestival.com)
and the Multicultural Festival on June 23 and 24
(http://www.kwmc.on.ca/html/festival.html). Come by our booth and say
hello! (We could use volunteers to staff these events too -- send me an
e-mail if you are interested in helping out.)

Paul Nijjar - http://www.fairvotecanada.org/WaterlooRegion
Next electoral reform info night: Tuesday June 12, 7pm