[fvc-wat-announce] Reminder: Participate! tonight, 20 April 2010 at 7:00pm, Kitchener Public Library

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Apr 20 00:05:44 EDT 2010

Just a reminder that "Participate!" is being held tonight, Tuesday 20
April 2010 at 7:00pm at the Kitchener Public Library in the Hamblin East
room.

  Participate!

Discussions on Democracy -- 20 April 2010

      CAPP-Waterloo -- Canadians Advocating Political Participation

      http://canadaparticipates.ca/local-chapters/ontario/kitchener-waterloo-on/

Canadians Advocating Political Participation is a nationwide grassroots
organization dedicated to fostering increased participation of Canadians
in our democratic processes. Forged out of the public reaction to the
Prorogation of Parliament on December 30, 2009, our members come from
all political parties and none, and from every walk of life. Local
chapters of CAPP strive to return democratic power to Canadian citizens
from coast to coast, in every region of the country.

      Civis Mundi http://civismundi.net/

Civis Mundi is a non profit public interest organization that encourages
members and others to participate in protecting and restoring the
planet's delicate environment for future generations. It further
encourages members and others to see mankind as a single family and to
protect and expand all mankind's human rights.

      Fairvote Canada Waterloo Region Chapter http://fairvote.ca/

Fair Vote Canada (FVC) is a multi-partisan citizens' campaign for voting
system reform. FVC promotes the use of fair and proportional voting
systems for elections of all levels of government and throughout civil
society.

    /Guest Speakers/

*Joe Mancini* -- Co-founder and director of The Working Centre, speaking
on local democracy
*Larry Gordon *-- Director of Fair Vote Canada, speaking on voting
systems and electoral reform

This event is free, but seating is limited.  Child care and refreshments
are provided.  Please confirm with Anita Nickerson <onetann at hotmail.com>
so that we have enough child care and refreshments.

--Bob Jonkman
Secretary, Fair Vote Canada Waterloo Region Chapter.