[fvc-wat-announce] CAPP Event

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Tue Apr 27 23:57:40 EDT 2010

Hi Fair Vote supporters!

Find attached a flyer to our the next event sponsored by CAPP and Fair Vote.
"Participate!" was such a success that this time we booked a bigger room for
60, and now have just two weeks to get the word out so we can have this event
in conjunction with CAPP's "National Week of Dialogue". It's a debate on
strategic voting:

Wednesday May 12, 7-8:30 PM
Waterloo Recreation Complex, Room 200

The one speaker - Gary Shaul - is the coordinator of the "Catch 22 Harper
Conservatives" campaign advocating strategic voting in 22 ridings. With the
vote so close and the losses of Liberal MP's in our local ridings last
election, both Kitchener-Centre and Kitchener-Waterloo are ridings targeted by
this campaign.
http://catch22campaign.ca/.

The other speaker is Scott Piatkowski.
http://www.scottpiatkowski.ca/

I believe both speakers strongly support electoral reform, but just have
different ideas of what voters should do until we get it.

I'm going to be giving a 3-4 minute talk at the beginning about the need for
proportional representation to get us out of this situation where we have to
struggle with our conscience about whether to vote strategically.

I'm really hoping you will be able to come out and support us, and let anyone
who might be interested in this event know about it.

Thanks again for your support and hope to meet many of you on the 12th!

Anita