[fvc-wat-announce] CAPP/Fair Vote Debate, AGM and Multicultural Festival

lanickerson at b2b2c.ca lanickerson at b2b2c.ca
Tue May 4 23:19:32 EDT 2010

Hello Fair Vote supporters! We have three Fair Vote events coming up: The
Strategic Voting Debate sponsored by CAPP, Fair Vote and Civis Mundi is on
Wednesday May 12.Our Annual General Meeting is on Thursday June 3. And our
table at the Multicultural Festival is on Sunday June 27. I hope to see many of
you at these events!

I especially invite and encourage you to support Fair Vote by attending
the AGM this year, and consider running for a position on the executive. These
positions are not time or labour intensive but are crucial to keeping our local
chapter alive and strong.

Again, here are the events:

1) "Strategic Voting: What's a Voter to Do? Wednesday May 12, 7-8:30 PM.
Waterloo Recreation Complex, Room 200. Debate between Gary Shaul - Coordinator
of Catch 22 Harper Conservatives campaign and Scott Piatkowsi, followed by
discussion. Free snacks! Sponsored by Canadians Advocating Political
Participation, Fair Vote Waterloo Region, and Civis Mundi.

2) Fair Vote Annual General Meeting: Thursday June 3, 7 PM, Queen Street Commons
Cafe (upstairs room), 43 Queen Street South, Kitchener (across from The Working
Centre). I have posted the agenda at the end of this email.

3) Fair Vote Booth at the Kitchener Waterloo Multicultural Festival. Sunday June
27, 12 PM to 9 PM, Victoria Park, Kitchener.
There are three or four of us sharing time at the booth, but we would love to
have more volunteers! If can give even an hour to greet the public and hand out
literature, please contact me at onetann at hotmail.com. The festival is a
wonderful opportunity for community groups to interact with the public as the
festival attracts thousands of visitors each year. As well as multicultural
food and entertainment, many local community agencies and political parties are
there.

Thank you again for your support of Fair Vote Waterloo Regional Chapter.

Anita Nickerson

Annual General Meeting of FairvoteWRC.

     Agenda:

     I. Read and accept minutes of 2009 Annual General Meeting

     II. Treasurer's Report

     III. Old Business, Past Events

     IV. Election of Executive:
        1. Accept final nominations from the floor
        2. Elect 5-7 Executive Members using Single Transferable Vote ballots
        3. Executives determine roles:  2 Co-Chairs, Treasurer,
     Secretary, 1-3 Members-At-Large

     IV. New Business

     VI. Upcoming Events

     VII. Adjournment